A good friend of mine posted this article’s feature image on his Facebook page; he recently left a successful career in corporate marketing, and is now an entrepreneur. He posted the following quote along with the photo:
This is so true. I never saw it this way but it is a reality. – Roger G.
As someone who has been on the entrepreneurial grind for about four years now, who has made MANY sacrifices along the way, and is a dad of three year-old twins, this photo resonates deeply with me.
For this post, in addition to the items listed in the feature image, I’m going to list a few other ways supporting small businesses is helpful.
And I’d like you to add to this list by leaving additional helpful items in the comments section. I will update this list with all of your input. It would be great to see this list grow to well over 100 items.
To be clear, I ain’t at all mad at the big company CEO for building her third holiday home-more power to her. But people need to know their support of small businesses MATTERS.
When you buy from a small business, you are:
- Helping a little girl get dance lessons
- Helping a little boy get his team shirt
- Helping a mom and dad put food on the table
- Supporting a dream
- Helping a parent teach her children that they should follow their dreams, and not make choices like being a doctor or an attorney because they think it’s safe
- Supporting the entrepreneurial spirit
- Helping a small business pay their employees who also have family counting on them to provide food and shelter
- Supporting your local economy
- Supporting the backbone of the U.S. economy
- Supporting investors who risk their capital to make many small businesses a reality
- YOUR TURN…
- Keeping more of your money in your community http://www.amiba.net/resources/studies-recommended-reading/local-premium/
- Strengthening the diversity of products and services in your community giving yourself more options to choose from
- Supporting other local businesses that are supported by the business you’re supporting
- Supporting the local non-profits that are supported by the business you’re supporting
- Because the American Dream is about independence and the audacity to prosper beyond our imaginations. Our families worked hard so we could be leaps ahead. Hence we owe it to ourselves, our supporters and our families to over come the challenges to be successful business owners.
[Tweet “Here’s What Happens When You Support a #SmallBusiness | #SMB #Parentpreneur”]